- Ultraviolet (UV-C) light rays safely sterilize clear water by destroying 99.99% of protozoa (including Giardia and Cryptosporidia), bacteria and even viruses
- SteriPEN protects you from risks that cause botulism, cholera, dysentery and typhoid, just to name a few
- To purify your water, just press a button and gently agitate the water with a quick stir
- Purifies 16 fl. oz. of water (cold or warm) in less than a minute or 32 fl. oz. in a minute and a half
- Traveler is designed to fit perfectly into store-bought bottles of water; just insert the Traveler into the bottle, flip the bottle upside down and start treating the water
- Small size also fits most other containers—use it in cups, mugs, water bottles and canteens
- SteriPEN turns itself off once ultraviolet treatment is complete; can be used up to 3,000 times!
- Watertight seals keep water away from the electronics; rubberized inset grips for secure handling in wet conditions
- Low-power indicator lets you know when batteries need replacing; twist-off cap for easy battery access
- Long used by municipal water districts and bottling companies, low-level UV-C light treats water safely, and unit’s light will not damage eyes or skin
- Purify two hundred 16 fl. oz. containers of water with 4 lithium AA batteries (not included)
- SteriPEN does not recommend the use of alkaline batteries, as they provide very few SteriPEN treatments
- Average weight is only 5.7 oz. with lithium batteries
- Use only on clear water, as cloudy, sediment-laden water hinders effectiveness; FitsAll prefilter (sold separately) clears particulates and debris from water
- SteriPEN Traveler water purifier comes with instruction manuals and a small storage bag
SteriPEN water purifiers meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standards for microbiological water purifiers and have been independently tested by the Oregon Health Sciences University and the universities of Arizona and Maine. For complete test results visit www.steripen.com.