The E2L AA has a click-type pushbutton tailcap switch — press for momentary on, press until it clicks for constant-on. The switch is also used to select the light output level: press or click for a 5-lumen ultra long-runtime low beam that’s perfect for reading a map, performing tasks inside a tent, or navigating around a campsite without degrading your dark-adapted vision. Release and press again within two seconds, or click again within two seconds, for a powerful 120-lumen high beam to reach deep into the dark.
The E2L AA’s longer body, compared to the shorter-bodied E1L and E2L Outdoorsman flashlights, is preferred by some for the enhanced grip it provides. Its high-strength steel clip keeps the light securely stowed in a pocket or pack and provides quick and easy hands-free illumination when clipped to a hat brim or bill. Machined from aerospace aluminum and finished with Mil-Spec anodizing for resistance to abrasion and corrosion, the E2L AA is also O-ring and gasket sealed, making it waterproof to a depth of one meter.
Because of its dual-output, extended runtimes, and the fact it can be powered by more readily available AA batteries, the E2L AA is a great choice for outdoor activities, emergency use, and as a disaster/survival kit flashlight.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels—115-lumen high for maximum light, 5-lumen low for extended runtime
- Choice of power source: two AA lithium (included) or AA alkaline batteries
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Dual-output tailcap click switch—press for momentary-on low, click for constant-on low, return to off and then press or click again to select high
- Steel clip provides multiple carry options
- O-ring and gasket sealed, waterproof to one meter